Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sanctified Through Adversity: Part 1

More often we are sanctified through adversity than that of our own doing. I was pondering on this idea this morning. I was thinking that if I did everything right and lived according to the rules of holiness, I find that in some ways that I may have actually removed myself from ministry toward others. In the sense of being holyI would have actually pursued the avenue of self-sanctification. God indeed wants us to be holy, by all means, but we need to remember that other commandment to love our neighbor as ourself. Often there are objective lessons we teach others in making decisions in doing the right thing. It is not about us, it is about showing them Christ. Every aspect of the world will challenge the believer as it is, too often we will pursue holiness when we need to stay put and let adversity reveal our character to others. I am convinced that this is the way Christ wants to truly sanctify the believer.

No comments: